EAAR Member of the Board, Consulting Partner, Tecno-med Ingenieros, SL, Spain
Academic Background: Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
B.E. (Elect.) from the National University of Ireland at UCC, Cork, 1991
Partner at Tecno-med Ingenieros S.L. (1995 – present)
Specialist in medical devices and medical technology regulatory affairs, technical consultancy and quality systems applied to medical technology.
More information at www.tecno-med.es www.tecnologias-sanitarias.com
Additional professional qualifications:
– RAC (devices) certification – Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society RAPS
– American Society for Quality Certified Quality Auditor and Biomedical Auditor (ASQ CQA Biomed)
– Member of SEEIC – Spanish Society for Electromedicine and Clinical Engineering
– Member of the AENOR Subcommittee for Standardization in Electromedicine SC62/209
– Member of the AENOR Committee AEN CTN 111 – ISO 13485
– Tutor for on-line training ToHealth.eu
– Tutor for courses “Quality Systems for the Manufacture of Medical Devices”, “Management and Maintenance of Clinical Equipment” and “Technologies for Healthcare Evaluation” for Masters in Biomedical Engineering at the Polytechnical University of Catalonia and the
University of Barcelona, 2007 – 2010.
– Tutor for the course “CE Marking and Medical Device Regulatory Requirements” for Masters in Bio-nanotechnology at the Barcelona Autonomous University – 2008.
Claire Murphy Courses
General Safety and Performance Requirements under the Medical Devices